Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hello, blog. Remember me?

Wow. I've had such good intentions of posting things on here for oh, a month or two. I'm so completely behind. Life has kept me busy! Where to start, where to start?

School. I'm back at NAU and in my second semester. I love it more this semester than last. My roommate chose to move to a different part of camps, leaving me with my own room. I can't complain much! I recently added my name and pictures to the biggest wall, and love it. I'm happy with the way it turned out! As of now, I'm still majoring in Journalism. I think it'll change for next year though. I really want to come out of college making more than $8,000. As of now, I'm considering Hotel and Restaurant Management. I would be in it for the event planning aspect. I don't want to be a typical college student that majors in business. That just isn't me. I've never been typical, and don't want to be typical.
Last week, I submitted my application for a Residence Assistant (RA) and had my first interview this morning. I'm confident that it went well and that my Wednesday letter will inform me that I have a second round interview next weekend. Perks aside, I think I'd do a great job with the position. The perks are lovely though--free room and board, and meals. That's more than tuition right there. So keep that one in your prayers.
I've found a "church" to belong to up here. It's called InterVarsity, and is like youth group for college students. We meet once a week in the science building and do worship, listen to a speaker and grow in our faith. I've made some awesome friends through this and have also become stronger in my beliefs. I'm so thankful that God has been blessing this semester! Through IV, I've found a girls Bible study that I attend Monday evenings. Getting to know a new group of people on an entirely new level has been truly amazing. I have really gotten to know more people this semester, and I'm so happy. Last semester I was kind of a loner.
One of my middle school friends, Beth is also attending NAU. She and I were real close in middle school, and though we kept in touch through high school, we have become close again this semester. She and I have always gotten along real well. We go to Zumba (the most amazing workout class I've ever taken-- it's high cardio dance, and it's incredible-- my hips never moved the way do now!) together, as well as IV.

I know one of you was bound to ask, so I figured I may as well adress it:
Romance Life. I don't have one. There have been a few potential guys, but nothing really worked out. And after the most recent one, I've lost all hope in the male gender. Except Kurt. (And no, I promise, we aren't dating!) Well, and my dad. My brother is questionable though...He's a high school boy. Let's readress him when he's a bit older, shall we?

Familia! They're doing well. Busy with life, as usual. I miss them sometimes, but we all talk enough so it's okay! I'm actually talking to my Mom now. She says hi. I found out today that my cousin, Renee, is pregnant with twins. I'm so excited for her! Her and her husband have been trying for awhile, so hearing this just makes me very happy. My cousins Taylor and Zach were up here today, along with Tay's boyfriend, LT, and my Aunt. They were touring the campus, about the same time as my interview and both finished within minutes of each other. I got to spend the afternoon with them having lunch, walking around downtown Flag, and showing off my room. It was great to see them! We had a lot of fun together.

Well, this has been a rather long post. Sorry about that! An update was much needed though! :] I'm off to put on my pjs and make some dinner. Have a lovely Saturday ya'll.

-M-

No comments: