Sunday, September 28, 2008

Road trip, anyone?!


Who doesn't love spur of the moment road trips?! I, for one, love them. So today, the girls and I jumped into the truck and drove the little over an hour route to the GRAND CANYON. I'd been back in 7th grade, but this time was even better!


We stopped in Bedrock City on the way there, though....

Mimmicking Fred Flinstone

Jailbate!

I'm ferocious, watch out! (Rawr!)

Giant dinosaur slide! (I felt like I was four; great feeling!)

Anna and Myself sitting on the ledge of the Canyon

What's not to love?! The Grand Canyon and my favorite purple tank top!

The three of us at the Canyon

We had a lot of fun, as if the pictures weren't evidence enough!

I feel so fortunate to live in Arizona. Granted, I rarely felt that way when I lived in Phoenix, but now that I'm in Flagstaff, it's all different. Some of my favorite things about good ole Arizona:
- The sunsets are priceless
-You can go three hours in any direction and be in a completely different climate
-We have one of the Seven Wonders in our own backyard
-Our winters are never as cold as anyone elses (like the East Coast...brrr!)

I adore the Grand Canyon. I found myself completely awestruck today, while looking down into the unending depths of the Canyon. Such a beautiful creation. I can't wait to go back in November and go hiking!!



No comments: