Sunday, May 4, 2008

a random spurt of poetry

the poetry has been flying from my fingertips today, and i have NO clue where it came from. kinda scary!

Falling
A touch, a glance,
A short conversation...
That's all it took
Once again I've fallen

Your smile, your voice,
Your heart
It captivated my soul
Once again I've fallen

I tell myself not to,
But my heart says it's okay.
The heart always overrides
Once again I've fallen

It takes a fall to learn
How to brace yourself for the next time
Once again I've fallen
But now I remember how to catch myself.

Strange & New
Eyes piercing my soul
Green with evil
"I'm watching you"
Eyes I once loved,
I once knew
Still familiar to sight
Lacking depth from behind
Not making sense,
Yet a sense of knowing
Eyes that just seemed to be a part
Now have turned into the whole
A whole that I don't see.
What happens when all you see
becomes familiar to the brain,
and numb to the heart?

that's all i've got for now.

No comments: